Monthly Report – April 1998
Evans Police Dispatchers took 1,580 complaints for the month of April 1998.
- The Town of Evans Police Department handled complaints including:
- Twenty-two prisoners were held in the Town of Evans Police Lockup in April 1998.
- One-hundred and nine Police reports were filed and 16 accidents were reported to the State of New York as reportable accidents under the Vehicle and Traffic Law.
- Evans Police Officers issued 297 simplified traffic information in April of 1998 including
|Required MV Equipment||14|
|Vehicle Registration Violations||25|
Officer of the Month
Officer Thomas George – was selected Officer of the Month for his outstanding efforts in leading the department in total number of DWI arrests in 1998 and number of summons written in April 1998. Officer George in the recipient of the 1997 STOP-DWI Award.
- The Detective Bureau investigated 104 incidents including:
- Twenty-two people were arrested, mostly for violations of the New York State Penal Law, including 16 Felonies, 32 Misdemeanors, and 62 Violations for a total of 110 charges. Thirteen of the 32 people arrested were for DWI.
- Unlawfully Dealing with a Child An Evans man was arrested for unlawfully dealing with a child in the first degree following a week-long investigation of an incident in which the subject purchased alcohol for a group of minors. A 15-year old female became violently ill and was transported by ambulance to Our Lady of Victory Hospital for treatment of alcohol poisoning after consuming alcohol purchased by Allen Hein. Hein, 21, reportedly purchased a bottle of 100 proof vodka at a Derby liquor store at the request of the minors. The alcohol was consumed at a nearby residence. Hein could face up to one year in prison if convicted on the charge against him.
- Nancy Dimartino – PT Clerk
- Mary Goodrich – PT Dispatcher
- N. Andy Gzyl – PT Dispatcher
Ten appearance tickets were issued from the Dog Control Office.