Monthly Report – April 2001
- Officer Ralph Maslach received a Letter of Commendation for outstanding police work on April 8, 2001, when he was able to talk a subject down that was holding another person at bay and into surrendering a weapon peacefully. The subject was then safely transported to ECMC for mental evaluation.
- Officers Bradley DiMartino and Jeffrey Mayer received Letters of Commendation for outstanding police work on April 6, 2001, when they successfully located two fugitives from justice.
- Officer Jeffrey Mayer received the 2000 Stop DWI Award from Erie County at an awards breakfast on April 27, for leading the department in DWI arrests. STOP DWI
Evans Police Dispatchers took 1,472 complaints for the month of April 2001.
The Evans Police Patrol Division handled complaints including:
- Sixteen prisoners were held in the Town of Evans Police Lockup in April 2001.
- One hundred twenty-five Police Reports were filed and eleven accidents were reported to the State of New York as reportable accidents under the Vehicle and Traffic Law.
- Evans Police Officers issued 269 simplified traffic informations in April of 2001 including:
|Required MV Equipment||27|
|Vehicle Registration Violations||5|
Twenty-five people were arrested, mostly for violations of the New York State Penal Law, Alcohol Beverage Control Law and Vehicle and Traffic Law. Fifteen people were arrested for DWI.
Twenty-three appearance tickets were issued from the Dog Control Office.