Monthly Report – August 2003
Evans Police Dispatchers took 2,424 complaints for the month of August 2003.
A portable radar sign was placed throughout the town during the month of August to bring vehicle driving speeds to the attention of operators. During August, the sign was placed on:
- Lake Shore Road – various locations
- Route 5 – various locations
- Wayne Drive
- North Main Street
- Versailles Rd.
- Bennett Road
- Nettlecreek Drive
The Evans Police Patrol Division handled complaints including:
- Twenty-one prisoners were held in the Town of Evans Police Lockup in August 2003.
- One hundred and nine Police Reports were filed and thirty-one accidents were reported to State of New York as reportable accidents under the Vehicle and Traffic Law.
- Evans Police Officers issued 420 simplified traffic informations in August of 2003 including:
|Required MV Equipment||25|
|Vehicle Registration Violations||13|
Thirty people were arrested, mostly for violations of the New York State Penal Law, Alcohol Beverage Control Law and Vehicle and Traffic Law. Six people were arrested for DWI.
Twenty-seven appearance tickets were issued from the Dog Control Office.