Monthly Report – August 2008
- Chief of Police Samuel V. DeJohn retired from the Evans Police Department on August 22, 2008, after 36 years of dedicated service to the Town of Evans.
- Chief of Police Ernest Masullo was appointed effective August 23, 2008.
- Patrick Atler was appointed full-time police officer at the August 13, 2008 Town Board meeting.
- Gregory Szarowicz was appointed part-time police officer at the August 13, 2008 Town Board meeting.
- Lt. D. Hepkins, Patrolman T. Crupe and Patrolman M. Kauzala received a letter of commendation for outstanding performance on August 6, when responding with the Marine Unit to a call of a disabled vessel in Lake Erie.
- Patrolman B. Green received a letter of recognition for outstanding police work in the investigation and arrest of the person responsible for stealing copper wire from the Norfolk and Southern railroad tracks on August 31.
Evans Police Dispatchers took 2,609 complaints for the month of August 2008.
The Evans Police Patrol Division handled complaints including:
- Thirty-one prisoners were held in the Town of Evans Police lockup in August 2008.
- One hundred and thirty-two police reports were filed and 21 accidents were reported to State of New York as reportable accidents under the Vehicle and Traffic Law.
- Evans Police Officers issued one hundred and fifty-five simplified traffic informations and seventeen parking tickets in August of 2008 including:
|Required MV Equipment||6|
|Vehicle Registration Violations||8|
Sixty-nine people were arrested, mostly for violations of the New York State Penal Law, Alcohol Beverage Control Law and Vehicle and Traffic Law. Ten people were arrested for DWI.
Sixteen appearance tickets were issued from the Dog Control Office.