Monthly Report – August 2010
The following appointments were made at the August 18, 2010 Town Board meeting:
- Douglas Czora was promoted to Lieutenant and assigned to the Detective Bureau
- Peter Smith was promoted to Lieutenant
- Greg Szarowicz was appointed full-time Police Officer
- Nathan Miller was appointed part-time Police Officer
Evans Police Dispatchers took 2,776 complaints for the month of August 2010.
The Evans Police Patrol Division handled complaints including:
- Twenty-four prisoners were held in the Town of Evans Police lockup in August 2010.
- One-hundred and eighty-six police reports were filed and 19 accidents were reported to State of New York as reportable accidents under the Vehicle and Traffic Law.
- Evans Police Officers issued 225 simplified traffic informations and 1 parking tickets in August of 2010 including:
|Required MV Equipment||18|
|Vehicle Registration Violations||9|
Fifty-three people were arrested, mostly for violations of the New York State Penal Law, Alcohol Beverage Control Law and Vehicle and Traffic Law. There was 10 arrests for DWI in August.
Fourteen appearance tickets were issued from the Dog Control office.