Monthly Report – August 2011
- The following were appointed Police Matron at the July 20, 2011 Town Board meeting:
– Donna Kraft
– Joyce Solop
– Catherine Wilson
– Shannon Rovnak
– Cheri McMillan
– Laurie Wojcik
– Karen Stevens
- Donna Kraft was appointed Public Safety Dispatcher at the July 20, 2011 Town Board meeting.
- Lt. T. George attended training and received Taser User Certification as well as Taser Instructor Certification. Five Taser Electronic Devices were purchased in August.
- Lieutenants George and Masullo attended Accreditation Manager training in preparation of New York State Accreditation renewal in October.
Evans Police Dispatchers took 2,504 complaints for the month of August 2011.
The Evans Police Patrol Division handled calls including:
- Twenty-three prisoners were held in the Town of Evans Police lockup in August 2011.
- One-hundred and eighty-six police reports were filed and twenty-one accidents were reported to State of New York as reportable accidents under the Vehicle and Traffic Law.
- Evans Police Officers issued 160 simplified traffic informations and 3 parking tickets in August of 2011 including:
|Required MV Equipment||11|
|Vehicle Registration Violations||1|
Seventy-eight people were arrested, mostly for violations of the New York State Penal Law, Alcohol Beverage Control Law and Vehicle and Traffic Law. There were 6 arrests for DWI in August.
Five appearance tickets were issued from the Dog Control office.