Monthly Report – February 2009
Evans police vehicles are now equipped with bars on the back windows for additional protection to the passenger, driver, and vehicle.
- Vincent Rovnak was appointed as part-time Public Safety Dispatcher at the February 18, 2009 Town Board Meeting.
- Newly trained members of the accident investigation unit (AIU) include Ptl. Brian Kauzala, Ptl. Tom Crupe and Lt. Mike Masullo, who was appointed Commander in Charge of the AIU.
- Ptl. Mike Kauzala attended Glock Armorer’s School in February and has been assigned to assist Lt. Don Hepkins with training and maintenance of the Evans Police Department arsenal.
- Dispatcher Patrick Garrigan has been assigned as lead Training Public Safety Dispatcher.
- Patrolman Bruce Green Jr. has been assigned the management and oversight of safety equipment, oxygen, inhalators and automated external defibrillators, to be assisted by DCO Michael Franey and Dispatcher Amy Hamm.
- Patrolwoman Sherry Miller has been assigned the management and oversight of all radar units, maintenance records, radar logs and radar accessories, to be assisted by Patrolman Matt Stonitsch.
Evans Police Dispatchers took 2,419 complaints for the month of February 2009.
The Evans Police Patrol Division handled complaints including:
- Nine prisoners were held in the Town of Evans Police lockup in February 2009.
- Ninety-five police reports were filed and thirteen accidents were reported to State of New York as reportable accidents under the Vehicle and Traffic Law.
- Evans Police Officers issued 115 simplified traffic informations and eight parking tickets in February of 2008 including:
|Required MV Equipment||13|
|Vehicle Registration Violations||4|
Thirty-one people were arrested, mostly for violations of the New York State Penal Law, Alcohol Beverage Control Law and Vehicle and Traffic Law. There were no arrests for DWI in February.
Eight appearance tickets were issued from the Dog Control office.