Monthly Report – January 2000
- The Police Department accepts with regret the resignation of senior Police Dispatcher Theresa Sobon. Mrs. Sobon worked for the Evans Police Department since 1974 and has made a career move into the medical field.
- Police Officer David Burke also is leaving the department as he retires after 32 years of service. Officer Burke worked for the Evans Police Department since January 1968.
- Mrs. Nancy DiMartino has left the Police Department to take a full-time position at the Board of Elections. Mrs. DiMartino was employed as a part-time clerk since 1998.
Dispatcher Sobon, Officer Burke, and Mrs. DiMartino were a great asset to the operations of the Police Department and will be missed by fellow employees.
Evans Police Dispatchers took 1,250 complaints for the month of January 2000.
The Evans Police Patrol Division handled complaints including:
- Twelve prisoners were held in the Town of Evans Police Lockup in January 2000.
- Seventy-four Police Reports were filed and thirty-four accidents were reported to the State of New York as reportable accidents under the Vehicle and Traffic Law.
- Evans Police Officers issued 162 simplified traffic informations in January of 2000 including:
|Required MV Equipment||11|
|Vehicle Registration Violations||9|
- Twenty-six people were arrested, mostly for violations of the New York State Penal Law, Alcohol Beverage Control Law and Vehicle and Traffic Law. Five people were arrested for DWI.
Twenty-nine appearance tickets were issued from the Dog Control Office.