Monthly Report – January 2001
- Kevin Hughes was appointed full-time Police Dispatcher at the January 17, 2001 Town Board meeting.
- Tina Stanton was appointed full-time Police Dispatcher at the January 17, 2001 Town Board meeting.
- Patrick Garrigan II was appointed full-time Police Dispatcher at the January 17, 2001 Town Board meeting.
- Officer Douglas Czora received a letter of Commendation for his actions on January 8, 2001, when a suspect was apprehended due to his efforts in tracking the suspect’s footprints in the snow following a burglary at the Stop-N-Gas on Route 20 near Lakeview Road.
- Officers Thomas George, Douglas Czora, Michael Masullo, and Ralph Maslach received a Letter of Commendation for outstanding performance on January 14, 2001. Their efforts in tracking footprints over an extended distance lead to the apprehension of a suspect at the scene of a crime. Their actions also lead to the solving of several other crimes in our community.
Evans Police Dispatchers took 1,422 complaints for the month of January 2001.
The Evans Police Patrol Division handled complaints including:
- Twenty prisoners were held in the Town of Evans Police Lockup in January 2001.
- One-hundred and twelve Police Reports were filed and twenty-seven accidents were reported to the State of New York as reportable accidents under the Vehicle and Traffic Law.
- Evans Police Officers issued 245 simplified traffic informations in January of 2001 including:
|Required MV Equipment||13|
|Vehicle Registration Violations||9|
Forty-three people were arrested, mostly for violations of the New York State Penal Law, Alcohol Beverage Control Law and Vehicle and Traffic Law. Five people were arrested for DWI.
Seven appearance tickets were issued from the Dog Control Office.