Monthly Report – July 1998
Evans Police Dispatchers took 2,067 complaints for the month of July 1998.
The Evans Police Patrol Division handled complaints including:
- The Police Department has procured a 1995 Ford Bronco which was declared surplus equipment from the Highway Department. The Bronco replaces a 1986 Dodge Suburban and has been painted and decals were applied to match the rest of the fleet of police vehicles.
- Twenty-one prisoners were held in the Town of Evans Police Lockup in July 1998.
- One-hundred and twenty-three Police reports were filed and 28 accidents were reported to the State of New York as reportable accidents under the Vehicle and Traffic Law.
- Evans Police Officers issued 427 simplified traffic informations in July of 1998 including:
|Required MV Equipment||16|
|Vehicle Registration Violations||15|
- The Detective Bureau investigated 116 incidents including:
- Fifty-six people were arrested, mostly for violations of the New York State Penal Law, including 6 Felonies, 38 Misdemeanors and 58 Violations for a total of 102 charges. Nine of the 56 people were arrested for DWI.
- The Detective Bureau investigated several sexual assault cases during the month of July. These crimes included one Rape, one Sodomy First Degree and two Sexual Abuse First Degree incidents. All of the cases were separate incidents, the victims ranged in age from 4 to 37 years of age. Investigations in all of these incidents were cleared by arrest.
- Sixteen appearance tickets were issued from the Dog Control Office.