Monthly Report – July 2009
Effective July 1, 2009, the SPCA facility located on Gowans Road in the Town of Evans is closed. The Town has made arrangements with other public and private facilities in the area to accept stray and/or wounded pets.
- Daniel Bluff was appointed as part-time Police Officer at the July 15, 2009 Town Board meeting.
- Brad DiMartino was promoted to Lieutenant at the July 15, 2009 Town Board meeting.
- Charles Danzi was promoted to Captain at the July 15, 2009 Town Board meeting.
Evans Police Dispatchers took 3,042 complaints for the month of July 2009.
The Evans Police Patrol Division handled complaints including:
- Thirty prisoners were held in the Town of Evans Police lockup in July 2009.
- Two hundred and seventeen police reports were filed and 22 accidents were reported to State of New York as reportable accidents under the Vehicle and Traffic Law.
- Evans Police Officers issued 264 simplified traffic informations and 37 parking tickets in July of 2009 including:
|Required MV Equipment||23|
|Vehicle Registration Violations||12|
Ninety-one people were arrested, mostly for violations of the New York State Penal Law, Alcohol Beverage Control Law and Vehicle and Traffic Law. There was 7 arrests for DWI in July.
Seven appearance tickets were issued from the Dog Control office.