Monthly Report – June 1998
Evans Police Dispatchers took 1,753 complaints for the month of June 1998.
The Evans Police Patrol Division handled complaints including:
- In a continuing effort to curb the sale of alcohol to minors, the Evans Police conducted an underage decoy operation during the weekend of June 5, 1998. A combination of eleven convenient stores and bars were checked for compliance. As a result of the detail, two businesses and their owners were referred to the New York State Liquor Authority for further action.
- Twelve prisoners were held in the Town of Evans Police Lockup in June 1998.
- One-hundred and three Police reports were filed and 16 accidents were reported to the State of New York as reportable accidents under the Vehicle and Traffic Law.
- Evans Police Officers issued 457 simplified traffic information in June of 1998 including:
|Required MV Equipment||18|
|Vehicle Registration Violations||29|
Officer of the Month
Officer William Sills is Officer of the Month for his actions while on duty on June 23, 1998. At approximately 2:00am Officer Sills stopped a suspicious looking pickup truck that was unfamiliar in the area. Upon further investigation, Officer Sills discovered 22 12-packs of beer, 5 cases of beer and 7 transmissions in the bed of the truck. The items were taken from a local auto repair shop. Three subjects were arrested and charged with Petit Larceny and Criminal Possession of Stolen Property. Two of the subjects have extensive local police records as well as out of state records, one subject is presently on federal parole for drug trafficking from Florida to Buffalo.
- The Detective Bureau investigated 82 incidents including:
- Thirty-four people were arrested, mostly for violations of the New York State Penal Law, including 19 Felonies, 31 Misdemeanors, and 35 Violations for a total of 76 charges. Eleven of the 34 people arrested were for DWI.
- Eleven appearance tickets were issued from the Dog Control Office.