Monthly Report – June 2000
Patrolman Jeffrey Mayer is recognized for actions that were above and beyond expectations when he responded to an ambulance call and found the subject not breathing. Officer Mayer administered mouth to mouth resuscitation to revive the subject.
Ralph Maslach of Derby, NY, was appointed on June 3rd, as full-time Police Officer to begin the Academy on July 24, 2000.
PT Police Officer Jeffery Mayer was appointed on June 3rd, as full-time Police Officer, effective July 24, 2000.
Kevin Hughes of Angola, NY, was appointed to the position of part-time Police Dispatcher.
Evans Police Dispatchers took 1802 complaints for the month of June 2000.
The Evans Police Patrol Division handled complaints including:
- Twelve prisoners were held in the Town of Evans Police Lockup in June 2000.
- One-hundred and seventeen Police Reports were filed and thirty-one accidents were reported to the State of New York as reportable accidents under the Vehicle and Traffic Law.
- Evans Police Officers issued 402 simplified traffic informations in June of 2000 including:
|Required MV Equipment||29|
|Vehicle Registration Violations||13|
- The Town of Evans Detective Bureau developed information that lead to the Hamburg and the Evans Police Department’s arrest of John Stitt of Farnham. Stitt is suspected of taking thousands of dollars worth of building materials and commercial tools from homes that were under construction over the past few months. Stitt was charged with burglary, grand larceny, larceny and criminal mischief by the Town of Evans and Town of Hamburg Police Departments.
- Thirty people were arrested, mostly for violations of the New York State Penal Law, Alcohol Beverage Control Law and Vehicle and Traffic Law. Five people were arrested for DWI.
Twenty-two appearance tickets were issued from the Dog Control Office.