Monthly Report – June 2003
The following personnel actions occurred in June:
- Joseph Gian was appointed PT Dispatcher
- Deborah Dalton was appointed Temporary FT Dispatcher
- Letters of Commendation were sent to Dispatcher D. Dalton, Officers J. Mayer, D. Eppolito, and T. O’Donnell for the outstanding job they did in responding to a murder/suicide call on Lake Shore Rd. in Derby in May 2003.
Evans Police Dispatchers took 2,290 complaints for the month of June 2003.
A portable radar sign was placed throughout the town during the month of June to bring vehicle driving speeds to the attention of operators. During June, the sign was placed on:
- Route 5 near Claddaugh
- Old Lake Shore Rd. near Evans Town Park
- Route 5 near Melody Meadows
- Sterling Av.
- Route 5 near Town Hall
- Pearl St.
- Nettlecreek near playground
- Derby Road
- Route 5 near VFW
- Bennett Rd.
The Evans Police Patrol Division handled complaints including:
- Twenty-three prisoners were held in the Town of Evans Police Lockup in June 2003.
- One hundred and thirty-five Police Reports were filed and twenty-eight accidents were reported to State of New York as reportable accidents under the Vehicle and Traffic Law.
- Evans Police Officers issued 197 simplified traffic informations in June of 2003 including:
|Required MV Equipment||9|
|Vehicle Registration Violations||10|
Forty people were arrested, mostly for violations of the New York State Penal Law, Alcohol Beverage Control Law and Vehicle and Traffic Law. Two people were arrested for DWI.
Appearance tickets were issued from the Dog Control Office.