Monthly Report – March 1999
Evans Police Dispatchers took 1,257 complaints for the month of March 1999.
The Evans Police Patrol Division handled complaints including:
- Eight prisoners were held in the Town of Evans Police Lockup in March 1999.
- Sixty-six Police Reports were filed and thirty-one accidents were reported to the State of New York as reportable accidents under the Vehicle and Traffic Law.
- Evans Police Officers issued 301 simplified traffic informations in March of 1999 including:
|Required MV Equipment||17|
|Vehicle Registration Violations||6|
- The Detective Bureau reports that the afternoon shift investigated a robbery on March 29, 1999, from the Ames Plaza Liquor store in Derby. A subject entered the store and purchased an item when a store clerk noticed a bottle of liquor in his pocket. When the clerk questioned the subject he ran from the store. He was apprehended after a short pursuit by the clerk and the thief did fight with him then fled away on foot. Patrol officers did immediately investigate and were able to identify the robber. An unsuccessful search was conducted in the Highland/Derby area for him but did later obtain an arrest warrant through Evans Court. This subject was later picked up and charged with a felony robbery. He is presently awaiting court action and it should be noted that the subject is presently on probation for having committed other larceny and drug related offenses.
- The Detective Bureau investigated 50 incidents including:
- Fourteen people were arrested, mostly for violations of the New York State Penal Law and Vehicle and Traffic Law. Five people were arrested for DWI.
Sixteen appearance tickets were issued from the Dog Control Office.