Monthly Report – March 2001
Officer Terry Addison received a Letter of Commendation for outstanding police work on March 25, 2001, for securing the arrest of John Wilkinson for DWI and Arson. When Officer Addison stopped the suspect’s vehicle for speeding, he subsequently arrested the suspect for DWI. Upon interviewing the suspect, Officer Addison established a connection between the suspect’s previous address and the location of an arson that he had investigated earlier in the day. After further investigation, Mr. Wilkinson was also arrested for Arson 3rd degree and Trespassing.
Evans Police Dispatchers took 1,377 complaints for the month of March 2001.
The Evans Police Patrol Division handled complaints including:
- Fourteen prisoners were held in the Town of Evans Police Lockup in March 2001.
- Ninety-four Police Reports were filed and thirty accidents were reported to the State of New York as reportable accidents under the Vehicle and Traffic Law.
- Evans Police Officers issued 139 simplified traffic informations in March of 2001 including:
|Required MV Equipment||10|
|Vehicle Registration Violations||5|
- After a lengthy investigation by the Erie County District Attorney and Town of Evans Police, Ellen Seegar of Angola, NY, was indicted by an Erie County Grand Jury for Vehicular Manslaughter, Assault, Driving While Intoxicated and Failure to Keep Right for her actions which caused the death of Byron Hallin of Derby, NY, during a fatal automobile accident on Route #5 west of Revere Drive in the Town of Evans on February 27, 2001, at approximately 1:50 a.m.
- Twenty-nine people were arrested, mostly for violations of the New York State Penal Law, Alcohol Beverage Control Law and Vehicle and Traffic Law. Fifteen people were arrested for DWI.
Twenty-three appearance tickets were issued from the Dog Control Office.