Monthly Report – May 1998
Evans Police Dispatchers took 1,753 complaints for the month of May 1998.
The Evans Police Patrol Division handled complaints including:
- Twelve prisoners were held in the Town of Evans Police Lockup in May 1998.
- One-hundred and three Police reports were filed and 16 accidents were reported to the State of New York as reportable accidents under the Vehicle and Traffic Law.
- Evans Police Officers issued 457 simplified traffic information in May of 1998 including:
|Required MV Equipment
|Vehicle Registration Violations
Officer of the Month
Lt. Detective Samuel DeJohn – was selected Officer of the Month for outstanding investigative efforts in securing the arrest of a 15 year old for the felony burglary 1st degree of a home on Johnson St. when the victim returned home to find the subject in her house.
- The Detective Bureau investigated 82 incidents including:
- Thirty-four people were arrested, mostly for violations of the New York State Penal Law, including 19 Felonies, 31 Misdemeanors, and 35 Violations for a total of 76 charges. Eleven of the 34 people arrested were for DWI.
- 15-Year-Old Charged As An Adult
A 15-year-old Evans youth was arrested and charged as an adult following a daytime burglary on Tuesday, May 12th. He was accused of ransacking a neighbor’s home while armed with a baseball bat and some duct tape when the resident returned home and surprised him.The youth was wearing a pillow case over his head with eye and mouth holes when he broke into a house at 910 Johnson St. at approximately 1 p.m.While Lt. Detective DeJohn and Detective Eppolito were investigating the incident, a 15-year-old neighborhood youth went to the house to ask whether the victim was all right. Detective DeJohn, after questioning him and determining that his shoe impressions matched that at the scene, arrested the boy on a first-degree burglary charge.The youth was sent to the East Ferry Street Youth Detention Center in Buffalo.
- Eleven appearance tickets were issued from the Dog Control Office.