Monthly Report – May 2003
A portable radar sign was placed throughout the town during the month of May to bring vehicle driving speeds to the attention of operators. The sign was placed on Overhead Road in Derby, in front of the Town Hall on Erie Road, and on Schuyler in Derby at various times throughout the month.
The following personnel actions occurred in May:
- John Latimore was appointed PT Dispatcher
- Pete Smith was appointed FT Police Officer
Evans Police Dispatchers took 2,096 complaints for the month of May 2003.
The Evans Police Patrol Division handled complaints including:
- Sixteen prisoners were held in the Town of Evans Police Lockup in May 2003.
- One hundred Police Reports were filed and fourteen accidents were reported to State of New York as reportable accidents under the Vehicle and Traffic Law.
- Evans Police Officers issued 209 simplified traffic informations in May of 2003 including:
|Required MV Equipment||17|
|Vehicle Registration Violations||6|
Thirty-five people were arrested, mostly for violations of the New York State Penal Law, Alcohol Beverage Control Law and Vehicle and Traffic Law. Six people were arrested for DWI.
Appearance tickets were issued from the Dog Control Office.