Monthly Report – May 2008
- Through the efforts of NYS Assemblyman Jack Quinn, the Evans Police Department has received discretionary funding in the amount of $5,000 to purchase automated external defibrillators (AEDs) and accessories to be placed in patrol vehicles as first responders.
- Through the efforts of NYS Senator Dale Volker, the Evans Police Department has received notification of a Legislative Initiative grant in the amount of $4,000, also to be used to purchase AEDs and accessories. Most of our patrol vehicles will be equipped with AEDs thanks to the efforts of our NYS representatives.
- Senator Dale Volker also has provided financial assistance to the Evans Police Department by reallocating $35,000 in Edward Byrne Memorial Formula Grant award money for the Evans Police Department to purchase a License Plate Recognition (LPR) system and a new police vehicle. The LPR is an automatic license plate reader that can tell an officer immediately whether a vehicle has been listed as stolen or has an invalid plate. The software also will register whether the vehicle’s driver might be wanted by law enforcement for a crime, a warrant or another reason, as well as missing persons and Amber alerts.
Evans Police Dispatchers took 3,170 complaints for the month of May 2008.
The Evans Police Patrol Division handled complaints including:
- Twenty prisoners were held in the Town of Evans Police lockup in May 2008.
- One hundred and twenty-five police reports were filed and 20 accidents were reported to State of New York as reportable accidents under the Vehicle and Traffic Law.
- Evans Police Officers issued two hundred and forty-one simplified traffic informations and six parking tickets in May of 2008 including:
|Required MV Equipment||23|
|Vehicle Registration Violations||23|
Sixty-one people were arrested, mostly for violations of the New York State Penal Law, Alcohol Beverage Control Law and Vehicle and Traffic Law. Seven people were arrested for DWI.
Ten appearance tickets were issued from the Dog Control Office.