Monthly Report – May 2012
In the month of May:
- The Evans Police and Erie County Sheriff’s Departments held joint beach and traffic details at Bennett Beach and Lake Shore Road;
- Evans Police participated in the N.Y.S. Governor’s Traffic Safety Committee “Click-it or Tick-it” detail; and
- The Evans Police Marine Unit participated in N.Y.S. Homeland Security’s “Operation Spider” detail along with the N.Y.S. Encon, U.S. Border Patrol and the Erie County Sheriff’s Marine Patrol Unit.
Evans Police Dispatchers took 2,879 complaints for the month of May 2012.
The Evans Police Patrol Division handled calls including:
- Seventeen prisoners were held in the Town of Evans Police lockup in May 2012.
- One-hundred and sixty-three police reports were filed and 19 accidents were reported to State of New York as reportable accidents under the Vehicle and Traffic Law.
- Evans Police Officers issued 251 simplified traffic informations and 164 parking tickets in May of 2011 including:
|Required MV Equipment||21|
|Vehicle Registration Violations||7|
Sixty-four people were arrested, mostly for violations of the New York State Penal Law, Alcohol Beverage Control Law and Vehicle and Traffic Law. There were four arrests for DWI in May.
Six appearance ticket was issued from the Dog Control office.