Monthly Report – November 2002
- The Evans Police Department was awarded $5,000 to participate in the statewide “BUCKLE UP NEW YORK!” campaign from the New York State Governor’s Traffic Safety Committee.
- The Evans Police Department was awarded $6,500 to fund the Speed Enforcement Unit under New York State Governor’s Traffic Safety Committee. $2,000 of the award is for the purchase of equipment, $4,500 is for increased enforcement efforts.
Evans Police Dispatchers took 1,780 complaints for the month of November 2002.
The Evans Police Patrol Division handled complaints including:
- Ten prisoners were held in the Town of Evans Police Lockup in November 2002.
- Seventy-six Police Reports were filed and thirty-nine accidents were reported to State of New York as reportable accidents under the Vehicle and Traffic Law.
- Evans Police Officers issued 133 simplified traffic informations in November of 2002 including:
|Required MV Equipment||3|
|Vehicle Registration Violations||2|
Twenty-two people were arrested, mostly for violations of the New York State Penal Law, Alcohol Beverage Control Law and Vehicle and Traffic Law. Six people were arrested for DWI.
Thirteen appearance tickets were issued from the Dog Control Office.