Monthly Report – November 2008
The Evans Police Department has put into service a License Plate Reader (LPR) which was purchased in part with a New York State grant received through the efforts of Senator Dale Volker. All officers are trained in the use of the LPR and have been very successful in the operation of the new equipment.
- Lt. Masullo and Dispatcher Dalton received a letter of appreciation on October 29, 2008 for reporting a possible officer safety issue.
- Detective Czora received a letter of commendation on November 3, 2008 for outstanding police work in the investigation and arrest of the person responsible for a burglary which occurred in October 2007.
Evans Police Dispatchers took 2,479 complaints for the month of November 2008.
The Evans Police Patrol Division handled complaints including:
- Sixteen prisoners were held in the Town of Evans Police lockup in November 2008.
- One hundred and twenty-seven police reports were filed and twenty-three accidents were reported to State of New York as reportable accidents under the Vehicle and Traffic Law.
- Evans Police Officers issued one hundred and fifty-two simplified traffic informations and twenty-nine parking tickets in November of 2008 including:
|Required MV Equipment||7|
|Vehicle Registration Violations||11|
Sixty-five people were arrested, mostly for violations of the New York State Penal Law, Alcohol Beverage Control Law and Vehicle and Traffic Law. Six people were arrested for DWI.
Sixteen appearance tickets were issued from the Dog Control Office.