Monthly Report – October 2000
- Mark Bouvier was appointed Part-time Police Dispatcher at the October 4, 2000 Town Board meeting.
- Sharon Campobello was appointed Part-time Police Dispatcher at the October 4, 2000 Town Board meeting.
- Kevin Hughes was appointed Temporary Full-time Police Dispatcher at the October 18, 2000 Town Board meeting.
A new telephone system was activated on October 30, 2000, thanks to the efforts of N.Y.S. Assemblyman Richard Smith who was able to secure a Local Initiative Grant in the amount of $5,000. The new system, the Nitsuko 124i Telephone System and Voice Mail, was purchased and installed at little or no cost to the Town. The new system replaces an antiquated Merlin system that regularly experienced system failure.
Evans Police Dispatchers took 1,649 complaints for the month of October 2000.
The Evans Police Patrol Division handled complaints including:
- Seventeen prisoners were held in the Town of Evans Police Lockup in October 2000.
- One-hundred and ten Police Reports were filed and fourty-two accidents were reported to the State of New York as reportable accidents under the Vehicle and Traffic Law.
- Evans Police Officers issued 233 simplified traffic informations in October of 2000 including:
|Required MV Equipment||16|
|Vehicle Registration Violations||7|
Thirty-four people were arrested, mostly for violations of the New York State Penal Law, Alcohol Beverage Control Law and Vehicle and Traffic Law. Nine people were arrested for DWI.
Nineteen appearance tickets were issued from the Dog Control Office.