Monthly Report – September 2002
Evans Police Dispatchers took 2,271 complaints for the month of September 2002.
The Evans Police Patrol Division handled complaints including:
- Eighteen prisoners were held in the Town of Evans Police Lockup in September 2002.
- One hundred and seven Police Reports were filed and twenty-one accidents were reported to the State of New York as reportable accidents under the Vehicle and Traffic Law.
- Evans Police Officers issued 279 simplified traffic informations in September of 2002 including:
|Required MV Equipment
|Vehicle Registration Violations
- The Detective Bureau investigated 5 residential burglaries in September. In two of the cases, DNA evidence that Detectives collected at these burglary scenes has been submitted to the Central Police Services lab for examination and possible identification of a suspect.
- Four grand larceny cases were investigated in September 2002. Two of these cases resulted in the arrest of the offenders. In one of the cases, a 24 year old female was charged with Grand Larceny 3rd degree for allegedly stealing over $4,000.00 from her employer over a period of 4 months.
- On September 21, 2002, a 17 year old male was charged with felony criminal mischief for damaging a vehicle that was parked in the NYS Thruway employee lot. Detectives accused the subject of smashing the windshield, passenger door winder, side window and sunroof of a 1999 Saturn.
- Two endangering the welfare of a child cases were investigated. One investigation resulted in the arrest of a 31 year old Buffalo man for endangering the welfare of a 14 year old female. The other case is still being investigated.
Twenty-three appearance tickets were issued from the Dog Control Office.