Monthly Report – September 2003
Seventeen bulletproof vests were replaced with American Body Armor Xtreme series vests. This upgrade was made possible through a New York State grant from the Division of Criminal Justice Services. The grant provides for 50% reimbursement of the cost of a new bulletproof vest. A total of 25 vests were purchased and a total of $8,773.12 was approved for reimbursement.
James Lichon was appointed PT Police Officer
Evans Police Dispatchers took 1,966 complaints for the month of September 2003.
A portable radar sign was placed throughout the town during the month of September to bring vehicle driving speeds to the attention of operators. During September, the sign was placed on:
- Lake Shore Road – various locations
- Route 5 @ Highland Elementary School and Evans Town Hall
- Eden Evans Center Rd.
- Church Rd.
- Nettlecreek Drive
The Evans Police Patrol Division handled complaints including:
- Twenty-three prisoners were held in the Town of Evans Police Lockup in September 2003.
- One hundred and six Police Reports were filed and twenty-three accidents were reported to State of New York as reportable accidents under the Vehicle and Traffic Law.
- Evans Police Officers issued 236 simplified traffic informations in September of 2003 including:
|Required MV Equipment||11|
|Vehicle Registration Violations||2|
Forty-eight people were arrested, mostly for violations of the New York State Penal Law, Alcohol Beverage Control Law and Vehicle and Traffic Law. Six people were arrested for DWI.
Twenty-six appearance tickets were issued from the Dog Control Office.