Monthly Report – September 2009
- Dispatcher Amy Hamm received a letter of commendation for outstanding performance in successfully rescuing a female prisoner who attempted to commit suicide while being held in the lockup.
- Joseph Gian received a letter of commendation for outstanding ability on the computer to locate a distraught person.
Evans Police Dispatchers took 2,616 complaints for the month of September 2009.
The Evans Police Patrol Division handled complaints including:
- Twenty-eight prisoners were held in the Town of Evans Police lockup in September 2009.
- One-hundred and forty-six police reports were filed and 30 accidents were reported to State of New York as reportable accidents under the Vehicle and Traffic Law.
- Evans Police Officers issued 167 simplified traffic informations and 5 parking tickets in September of 2009 including:
|Required MV Equipment||32|
|Vehicle Registration Violations||4|
Sixty-two people were arrested, mostly for violations of the New York State Penal Law, Alcohol Beverage Control Law and Vehicle and Traffic Law. There was 3 arrests for DWI in September.
Sixteen appearance tickets were issued from the Dog Control office.